A banana bread recipe I found at
But I made them into muffins…
- 3 ripe, peeled bananas (300 g, or about 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (39 g) coconut flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper, or grease generously.
- Mash the bananas using a mixer or by hand in a large bowl. Mix until completely mashed and smooth.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla to the mashed bananas and blend well.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and coconut flour to the wet batter and blend well.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes or so to give the coconut flour time to absorb the liquids.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or until the top begins to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool fully and slice. This is very moist when first out of the oven but tends to firm up over time. Store covered for a few days at room temperature or in the refrigerator for a few weeks, or seal and freeze for a few months.